Monday, May 16, 2011

JUST PRETEND COUNTDOWN

Just two more days until we start production on JUST PRETEND. I'm going to try to post a daily lesson learned. I've produced five or six features now and I'm always amazed at how much I learn every time. We'll see if I can keep it up. Don't expect anything too long.

So far what I've learned with my first feature shot entirely in Los Angeles is that even here people cheer on the little indies. You can't get away with everything, but if you're genuinely small they do their best to help you out. Our biggest advantage is the lack of a transportation department. Our only production vehicles are the gaffer's cargo van and trailer and my minivan.

Trying to get a permit in Burbank I was asked if we were the 2nd Unit and I sheepishly said, "No, we're first unit, we're just that small."

No comments:

Post a Comment